31 December 2008
I set some goals at the start of 2008, hit and miss if I may say, as some I got to do exactly while as for the others...well...
1. I said that I would go to Bangkok by October. I did tweak a little as I went to Malaysia and Singapore instead.
2. I said that I would transfer to a multi-national company after a year. It was not multi-national but I did get to Petron didn't I? My protective gear is just mean man!
3. Visit Palawan. I just came back from Cebu didn't I?
4. Lose ten pounds. MISS by a mile!!! Darn!
5. Swim a kilometer. Check!
So now I present my must-do's for 2009. Let's see how many do I get to do.
1. Have a change in hairstyle, get a short cut. I've worn my hair like this since that hairstylist in David's did not quite have the same definition of shoulder-length hair as I did. apparently he thought that my collar bone was connected to my chin. Now I need to invest good money on this or else I would risk having siopao face for months.
2. Go to Bohol with Banj, Ann and whoever wants to go with us. I want that Loboc River experience.
3. Have lunch at Sonia's Garden with Byosh, Angelo, Ron and Diane. For heaven's sake guys WE NEED TO GO OUT!
4. Read Malinche which I bought March this year and is still covered with plastic from the bookstore. Untouched.
5. Swim 1.5 kilometers and LOSE TEN POUNDS.
6. Get braces which I had been procrastinating to get by February. If I haven't got the money yet by that time, my mid-year bonus in June is definitely going to fund that.
7. Get our car on the road. My licensed expired without me getting the car out of the garage. How's that for LOSER with a capital L and in bold letters?
8. Cut loose ends. It's over now move with the world. It does not stop with my misery.
Now I hate this American who had the nerve to had his cellphone in loud settings earlier today...inside a plane, our plane, which was taking off. Man if you want to die, don't take the whole plane with you. The reason why plane instructions are said in Filipino and English is due to consideration of your compehension skills. What part of the "cellular phones must be turned off" did you not understand?!
Koreans were everywhere in Cebu! And I mean everywhere! Beach, mall, museum, elevators...did I already say everywhere?
28 December 2008
I got this from Yumi's blogspot: http://goddessdomain.blogspot.com/
Bob Ong really is smart. By the way I've highlighted those which really struck me
1. "Kung hindi mo mahal ang isang tao, wag ka nang magpakita ng motibo para mahalin ka nya.."
2. "Huwag mong bitawan ang bagay na hindi mo kayang makitang hawak ng iba."
3. "Huwag mong hawakan kung alam mong bibitawan mo lang."
4. "Huwag na huwag ka hahawak kapag alam mong may hawak ka na."
5. "Parang elevator lang yan eh, bakit mo pagsisiksikan ung sarili mo kung walang pwesto para sayo. Eh meron naman hagdan, ayaw mo lang pansinin."
6. "Kung maghihintay ka nang lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo.. Dapat lumandi ka din."
7. "Pag may mahal ka at ayaw sayo, hayaan mo. Malay mo sa mga susunod na araw ayaw mo na din sa kanya, naunahan ka lang."
8. "Hiwalayan na kung di ka na masaya. Walang gamot sa tanga kundi pagkukusa."
9. "Pag hindi ka mahal ng mahal mo wag ka magreklamo. Kasi may mga tao rin na di mo mahal pero mahal ka.. Kaya quits lang."
10. "Kung dalawa ang mahal mo, piliin mo yung pangalawa. Kasi hindi ka naman magmamahal ng iba kung mahal mo talaga yung una." (semi lang 'to, I don't really know what i want right now)
11. "Hindi porke't madalas mong ka-chat, kausap sa telepono, kasama sa mga lakad o ka-text ng wantusawa eh may gusto sayo at magkakatuluyan kayo. Meron lang talagang mga taong sadyang friendly, sweet, flirt, malandi, pa-fall o paasa."
12. "Huwag magmadali sa babae o lalaki. Tatlo, lima, sampung taon, mag-iiba ang pamantayan mo at maiisip mong hindi pala tamang pumili ng kapareha dahil lang maganda o nakakalibog ito. Totong mas mahalaga ang kalooban ng tao higit sa anuman. Sa paglipas ng panahon, maging ang mga crush ng bayan nagmumukha ding pandesal, maniwala ka."
13. "Minsan kahit ikaw ang nakaschedule, kailangan mo pa rin maghintay, kasi hindi ikaw ang priority."
14. "Mahirap pumapel sa buhay ng tao. Lalo na kung hindi ikaw yung bida sa script na pinili nya."
15. "Alam mo ba kung gaano kalayo ang pagitan ng dalawang tao pag nagtalikuran na sila? Kailangan mong libutin ang buong mundo para lang makaharap ulit ang taong tinalikuran mo."
16. "Mas mabuting mabigo sa paggawa ng isang bagay kesa magtagumpay sa paggawa ng wala"
17. "Hindi lahat ng kaya mong intindihin ay katotohan, at hindi lahat ng hindi mo kayang intindihin ay kasinungalingan"
18. "Kung nagmahal ka ng taong di dapat at nasaktan ka, wag mong sisihin ang puso mo. Tumitibok lng yan para mag-supply ng dugo sa katawan mo. Ngayon, kung magaling ka sa anatomy at ang sisisihin mo naman ay ang hypothalamus mo na kumokontrol ng emotions mo, mali ka pa rin! Bakit? Utang na loob! Wag mong isisi sa body organs mo ang mga sama ng loob mo sa buhay! Tandaan mo: magiging masaya ka lang kung matututo kang tanggapin na hindi ang puso, utak, atay o bituka mo ang may kasalanan sa lahat ng nangyari sayo, kundi IKAW mismo!"
19. "Ang pag-ibig parang imburnal...nakakatakot mahulog...at kapag nahulog ka, it's either by accident or talagang tanga ka.."
Share ko lang
16 December 2008
or a beagle...
or if you really want something to dress up, a shitzu.
Now tell me that a chihuahua would rank first in a doggie beauty contest. Like duh!
Oh well...kanya-kanya lang yan.
Come to think of it, in fact I like pigs better.
I don't know what hit me this afternoon that I suddenly want a stuffed animal. Not those furry ones, I'd probably die of asthma if ever I get near one. There's this cute pig and penguin from So Cool that I really like and I would probably buy after Christmas. I needed something to hug, even though it would never hug me back. But then it would probably be freaky if ever it would hug me back.
06 December 2008
Because I was avoiding the fire-drill.
Damn my legs haven't fully recovered from climbing seven crude tanks last Sunday and now I would have to undergo the grueling muscle pain that going down the stairs give. I swear it takes me twice the usual time walking time. And oh yeah before I forget the most important detail: I am located at the 38th floor.
What I did not anticipate was the sirens would go off at 9 AM. So yes folks, my plan did not materialize.
Funny though, there was this girl who was taking her breakfast while going down the stairs. Seriously?! May I just remind you that we are simulating a fire here. Hello?
Pia's back! And along with her are the heavenly creations that are Belgian chocolates. *Drools*
*Drools some more...*
So today I officially create my own department: Arts and Livelihood Education. Nyahaha!
I just wrapped around 20 sports bottles and here I am wrapping my Christmas gifts. Promise the only presents that you would find under our Christmas tree are mine. I just want to share my blessings with everyone this year so I was very giddy to give. It's better to give than receive right children?
Anyway back to the gift-wrapping, I find this therapeutic that even though I really want to zonk in bed right now, I would still choose to wrap my presents.
But I might hold that off for now, I have another set of tanks to climb tomorrow. I might be going home at the wee hours of the morning.
Damn. No social life for me tomorrow then.