25 June 2010

Now This I Call Necessity

My uber bright and cursed sister caused the desktop to commit suicide. Again. I am very much irked because I haven't transferred my files to my portable drive yet and I swear I would soak all her clothes in a drum full of clorox if I don't retrieve them. Anyway this incident propelled me to finally get my own notebook. Yesterday  morning I was convinced that I would get a Macbook Pro.


Specifications
13-inch 2.4 GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Memory
250 GB Hard drive
SD card slot
Built-in battery (10 hours)
NVIDIA GeForce 320 M Graphics
Price: 59,990


Different story in the afternoon as I discovered this one.







Presenting the Asus K42JK-VX027R. Now let us check the specs shall we?


Specifications
ntel® Core™ i3 Processor 350M 2.26 GHz
4GB DDR3
14" HD (1366x768) LED backlit
500GB,5400rpm
ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5145, 1G DDR3 VRAM
3 in 1 card reader, SD,MMC,MS
6 cells: 4400 mAh 48 Whrs
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
Trend Micro 2009
Price: 41,892


Now let us see Asus performance as compared to other brands:



I must say that before this, Asus was not even one of the brands which I considered. I am guilty of being brand conscious in terms of stuff and that includes gadgets. When I dug further into the specs (I am no techno wiz) I realized that Asus produced a mean machine; and with a price like that? Sweet! 60K vs 42K? And with killer specs like that? Do we still have to discuss this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget