31 August 2010

Foodie: Old Vine at The Venice at Piazza McKinley

I have never been to McKinley Hill. I know a few friends who work there but my knowledge of Bonifacio Global City is limited to (and bounded by) Bonifacio High Street, Serendra and Market Market; beyond those is totally untouched territory. 

Today being a holiday, the girls and I decided to have lunch but since Lizelle's company is not covered by Philippine holidays we had to go somewhere near her office, which is at McKinley Hill. We ended up at The Piazza at Venice which is a really nice place. It kind of reminds me of Eastwood City in the 90's when it wasn't infested with a lot of people yet. It even has the same bell tower fixture. The only problem with this place is you won't be able to reach it if you do not have your own mode of transportation; or money for a cab.

After passing by all the restaurants and reading their menus (and chatting with uber persistent waiters) we decided to feast on steak and wine at Old Vine Grille. It was a cozy place with not so many people and the perfect ambiance for juicy gossip and catching up with each other. Well probably because the food is quite expensive. Teehee. It was just stupid of me that I left my camera's SD card inside my laptop's card reader so I had to make do of my phone's camera. Darn.



On to what we ate *drumroll*:

Ana
Poelle Lamb Spareribs - PhP 395
I wasn't able to taste this but Ana did not complain about it so I guess it's good. The spareribs came with salad and vegetable risotto.

Lizelle
Baked Cream Dory - PhP 350 
I was actually tempted to have this one but knowing that we had casseroles full of pesto pasta inside the fridge stopped me from doing so. The dory had mushroom filling and it was yummy!

Banj
Grilled Salmon Tranche - PhP 420
I have always loved salmon and the tomato salsa and rice went perfectly with it.

Ria
Churrasco Beef Tenderloin - PhP 650
I will never forget the chumichuri. Or is it chimichuri? Or chimuchuri? The hell this costs 650 pesos! But then according to Ria it's delicious (but I would still not pay 650 for meat hehe)

Me
Peppered Steak French Style - PhP 420
I found my food not worth the price. Pfft. It tastes good but it's juts not worth it. I wished for more mashed potatoes.

Oh and we had red wine at 750 per bottle. We could not care less that it was practically 30 degrees outside. 



There were hits and misses. Everything tasted good but I could just not find some worth it for their prices. Oh well you have to eat something gold every now and then. I enjoyed lunch with my girls so I don't mind. Do come to this place with a hefty wallet.

Verdict: 4 wine glasses

Old Vine is located at the ground floor of The Piazza at Venice, McKinley Hill, Taguig City.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget