10 August 2010

Hong Kong - Macau Diaries: Ocean Park, Avenue of Stars and Canton Road

07.09.2010

I got really caught up with work and a lot of things have been happening lately that I was not able to update this diary. So pardon for the long gap.

We left the hotel at around 8 AM and headed towards the MRT Admiralty station where the buses for Ocean Park are located. Aside from the park itself, there are also park tickets for sale at the kiosks near the bus stop. Adult tickets costs 250 HKD.


Ocean Park is your typical theme park...



Plus aquarium...

Why I didn't know that you were in Hong Kong Nemo?!


They're icky and scary but they are just mesmerizing

I'm pretty scared for your eyes little fellow

Add in some shows...


Then throw them all in one mountain.

This was one hell of a long ride.

And how can I forget this fuzzy guy!


I enjoyed viewing the animals and watching the shows that we did not experience any of the rides. Okay if I wanted rides then I would have gone to Enchanted Kingdom instead; but the Pandas? Oh dear pandas would probably be non-existent in the Philippines even in the next lifetime.

After a tiring day at Ocean Park we went to the last stop for our trip which is the Avenue of Stars. It is easily accessible via the Tsim Sha Tsui or East Tsim Sha Tsui station. It wasn’t really exciting as I do not know any of the people written on the stars. I was looking for Jackie Chan’s or Bruce Li’s but I had no luck finding them.



Some interesting sights:

I swear this boat screams gay!

How come they have a nice building here while we get to be in the Hanging Gardens?!


Canton Road is the primary shopping district in Hong Kong where all the signature shops are located: Hermes, Prada, Louis Vuitton...basically everything which I could not afford.

Oh yeah well that I could afford

since we had no business at the area, we decided to have dinner. Oh how I love Yoshinoya in Hong Kong! Why?

This is why. How come we don't have this at our local malls?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget