26 October 2010

In the Army/Navy

I am a big Mexican food fan. I am absolutely in love with burritos and quesadillas and tacos that I could probably live in Mexico. For my quick fix, I always head to Taco Bell for nachos but after sometime I realized that their food is really blah. Then there's Mexicali, which I consider my happy place, and Agave which I mourn for since they closed the nearest branch to my home. Damn I really lament for the frozen margaritas.

I've been meaning to write about Army Navy but I haven't had the opportunity. Also because I haven't had the chance to sample most of what they have to offer, I think I would not be giving them any justice. I've eaten at two branches already: SM North EDSA Sky Garden and Harbour Square.
SM North EDSA
Photo taken from Army Navy website
Army Navy's menu is not fancy. Like what they say they serve burgers and burritos. Throw in some soft tacos and fries on the side and that's it. I've sampled two burritos; actually they are so heavy I could not finish one on my own. I like the steak better though because nothing beats a red meat burrito! Spoken like a true carnivore!

Steak Burrito (PhP 155)
Chicken Burrito (PhP 135)
What I love about their burritos is that they do not use Mexican rice so the flavor is not overpowering. I love the tangy taste of lime with salsa plus the chili garlic sauce. They also have quesadillas.
Cheese Quesadillas (PhP 85)

I've heard that the burger was also good so I kept in mind that the next time I would be having that as well. It sure was great with jalapenos! You can either have double or even triple patties but my mom and I opted for the single one because we would not want to stuff ourselves full with beef.
Burger (PhP 135)
Aside from the main stuff, they offer mean fries and onion rings. They are up there in that department for me. Throw away Burger King's "all batter" onion rings. Swear. The fries were also pretty interesting; never had I seen fries that were so thin but I like the crunch.
Onion Rings (PhP 60)
Freedom Fries (PhP 60)
Aside from yummy food, they have got to have the best Iced Tea in town. Libertea is just not your ready to mix iced tea. It's the real thing.

I think Army Navy will go up there as one of my comfort food spots. There's just nothing that's not to like.  I'm just so psyched for the future opening of the Emerald branch because I could have burritos for lunch! Now I'm really hungry that I want a burrito.

Army Navy has the following branches: Harbour Square, Glorietta 5, SM Sky Garden, Dela Rosa, Alabang, DLSU and Tagaytay.


Soon to open: Emerald Ave., Tomas Morato, The Fort and Baguio

Verdict: 5/5 burritos (Wasn't it obvious enough?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget