08 November 2010

Grading The Burger Project

I grew up not being a fan of burgers; come to think of it, I'm not even a fan of beef. I do not know when did this fondness for patties smashed between buns started but I do recognize a good burger when I taste one, and no, Mc Donald's does not come close.

I have never heard of The Burger Project until I stumbled upon this post by Anton Garcia on his blog, Our Awesome Planet, and my brain automatically headed to the direction of Maginhawa St. at UP Village. I have heard of Maginhawa before and it's such a shame that I have lived in Quezon City all my life and I've never paid that strip a visit. It would be nice to go to a cozy, relaxed joint for a change and one that serves humongous burgers at that. I immediately posted a link on my facebook wall aiming to get the attention of the Ahead girls but it was another friend who responded. Hurray for Joanne (who brought along her friend Jason)!


I like the concept of DIY burgers. It's comparable to froyo with toppings, only you have beef and mushrooms and cheese. They give you a checklist to tick and you're off.

You have options for beef, cheese, premium and basic toppings; lettuce, tomatoes and pickles are for free. The price of each is indicated on the checklist. 

I must say, this activity is very nerve wracking for fickle people. It took me a while to decide what to put on mine. So for those who are starving, you might want to go for the ready-made combinations. As for the patty, you may tell them how you would like it done.

So after what felt like eternity, we finally were able to make up our minds on what to get. Yey! Well the additional challenge was naming your burger so let the creative juices flow kids.

Jason opted to be very safe on his choice and went for angus beef, gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and poppyseed bun. Hence this is called the Corny Ako Burger.

Funny at first when Joanne considered having beef, mango salsa, bacon and egg in one bun. Thank heavens she decided to forgo the salsa and the egg. Presenting the Good Morning Burger which is 100% beef on a poppyseed bun with Canadian bacon, mozzarella cheese and barbecue sauce.
Being a sucker for color, oh well for free stuff, I had to have everything on my bun. Since this was on the eve of my birthday and I was not too keen on being unique and creative due to starvation, I named mine It's My Birthday Burger. I had 100% beef on a poppyseed bun, lettuce, tomato, pickle, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onion, mozzarella cheese and special BRGR sauce. Yummeh! Mozzarella cheese on a burger was just fab! 

Side dishes were also offered and we had onion rings (PhP 65) and buffalo wings (PhP 150). I think the wings were a tad too pricey for the serving. Too bad I was not able to get a photo of that. Beer sells for PhP 45 a bottle, but they only have San Mig Light though.

All in all The Burger Project was really a nice experience. I just have to keep in mind though that the next time I go here, I better split a burger with a friend. I just got too tired of chewing, that's how huge the burger was; but I will definitely return. Definitely.

Verdict: 4 angus beef patties
The Burger Project is located at 122 Maginhawa St., UP Village, Q.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget