30 November 2010

Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries in Dumaguete

More than anything, I was excited to go to Dumaguete because of their Sans Rival so I made it sure that I am going home with one. It's quite ironic that the province is known not for something native but for the pastries of this bakeshop.

My companions and I placed an order to be picked up the following day. I was practically drooling when I saw the array of pastries that were lined up before me. Damn my diet crashed and burned right that very moment.

Since they close really, really early, we decided to have dinner there as well. I was shocked because of how cheap their food were. I forgot to take note of the prices but the most expensive thing on their menu costs around 90 pesos.
Clubhouse Sandwich
Putannesca
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Lasagna
Cheeseburger

Well of course this treat for the palate would not be complete without the desserts:
Silvanas - PhP 12/pc; PhP 100/10 pcs.
Sans Rival - PhP 26/slice; PhP 290/log
Cheese Brownies - PhP 13/pc
Revel Bars - PhP 18/pc
I found the Sans Rival too sweet but the Silvanas are just to die for! My diet died with it. I liked the Cheese Brownie better than the Revel Bar because the latter was too dry for me. I'm looking for the more gooey and chocolatey type. Their desserts go perfectly well with coffee. I became adventurous and tried one with Kahlua.
Well that has mallows too. It's just not pretty in this picture.
This restaurant is practically a tourist spot here in the city and should not be missed. Go ahead and indulge in your sweet cravings. It's not everyday that you get to be in Dumaguete anyway.

Verdict: 3.5 stars
Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries
#3 San Jose St., Dumaguete City (near the boulevard)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget