05 December 2010

Modern Asian Cuisine at Penang Hill

Last week, my officemate Ate Mayette treated us to her despedida lunch. It was bittersweet seeing another friend go, especially when she has been constantly guiding me as I tread the unfamiliar waters of auditing.
Ate Mayette with Bob and Jon
We ate at Penang Hill at the EDSA Shangri La Mall. Anyone who loves Asian cuisine would surely get a kick out of this place. For starters we had the Asian Style Spring Rolls which I really found delicious. It didn't even had the customary "dyahe" piece as people were fighting over it.
Asian Style Spring Rolls (PhP 195)

Because the person treating us loves meat, lechon and ribs to be precise, something swine should not be missing from the list. The Barbecue Spareribs was just your typical marinated ribs actually. Nothing that much extraordinary in that.

Other items which we ordered were Crispy Catfish with Tamarind Sauce and Brocolli and Mushroom. This was actually the first time that I got to eat catfish. My only encounter with such fish was when we dissected one in Biology class so I have no basis for comparison and all I can say is that it tasted like well...fish. I love brocolli but I was not too thrilled with this one either.
Crispy Catfish with Tamarind Sauce (PhP 165)
Brocolli and Mushroom (PhP 180)

Ate Mayette knew that I love Pad Thai so she also got one.

For drinks I had the Lemongrass Tea which for me tastes like lemon Strepsils; this one did not. Maybe because it did not have mint leaves.
Lemongrass Tea (PhP 70)

My thoughts? Penang Hill was just a so-so Asian restaurant. I have had better like Lemongrass and Siam in Cebu. In Manila, better head over to Banana Leaf.

Verdict:
2.5 chilis

Penang Hill
The Ledge, 6th level EDSA Shangri-La Mall, Mandaluyong City
(02) 910-2530


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget