24 December 2010

A Year After


My friends Beth and Bryan had their civil wedding on December 18, 2009 and they renewed their vows before the Lord a year and a day after at San Agustin Church in Manila. I am very happy to be a part of this momentous occasion in their lives.

I was required to be at the hotel the day before for preparations. We stayed at the DLSU-CSB hotel wherein the students are your waiters and receptionists; felt kinda strange actually. We had dinner at Vatel, the restaurant of the hotel.

They were giving out free appetizers, I love it!

They were serving a full-course meal which includes soup, entree, dessert and drink for around P395. This would probably cost triple at other restaurants and hotels. I had the following:
Corn Soup
"Corsica" Style Stewed Lamb in White Wine, Tomato and Olives
Crepe, White Chocolate, Fresh Strawberries and Vanilla Ice Cream
There was this dish that I really loved, the Cream  Dory one but I wasn't able to take a photo. They also had this weird chocolate ice cream with beer and pistachios. I did not like that one. Beer and dairy simply do not mix for me.

We had to sleep early because we were supposed to be up by 2:30 A.M. I did not have any problem with that because I was not able to get sleep at all. Hair and make-up was done at around 3.
Maid of Honor
Pretty :D
Blushing Bride
I knew Beth from Petron and in only seven months we have became really good friends. She left to transfer to Ayala Land though but we kept in touch.

The reception was held at Villa Imaculada which was just walking distance from the church.

I, along with Beth's brother Raymond, sang the couple's theme song, The Gift. I was actually really sick the night before. It was a good thing that I did not croak. Haha. Anyway on to the wedding games, it was the same game for the girls as Al's wedding and what do you know, I again emerged victorious; and so did Bob for the bachelor's games. We're the wedding games powerhouse to beat! Nyahaha!

I wish Beth and Bryan years of love. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget