26 June 2011

Comfort Food at Cafe Mary Grace Trinoma

This post is so delayed that it could be pregnant. Actually, it would have bore a child by now. I've been a fan of Cafe Mary Grace since around 2009 and it is only now that I had the time to finally write just about how great food here is. I was supposed to do a smorgasbord of dishes, but I decided to focus on the Trinoma branch.
You may be familiar with the famous Mary Grace ensaymadas. With the success of these goodies came the expansion of what is now Cafe Mary Grace. Eating there is like wating at the comforts of your own kitchen.
Notes from fanatics.
The famous ensaymadas and other baked goodies.
My family is a big salad eater. What can I say, we just love our greens. Cafe Mary Grace offers different types of salad for the health conscious. Grilled Chicken with Oranges and Black Olive Dressing is a bed of lettuce with moist chicken strips, feta cheese, orange slices and drizzled with black olive dressing. Meanwhile, the Smoked Ham with Almonds, Cranberries and Balsamic Vinaigrette is uhmm, basically the title said it what the salad was all about. I like that they used a combination of red and green lettuce. Both can serve 2 to 3 people.
Grilled Chicken with Oranges and Black Olive Dressing (PhP 229)
Smoked Ham with Almond, Cranberries and Balsamic Vinaigrette (PhP 207)

I'm not reall a big fan of cream-based pasta but the Smoked Salmon and Cream is a must try! The cream does not have that "suya" (sorry I don't know how to properly translate this to English) factor.
Smoked Salmon and Cream (PhP 251)
Since my youngest sister, Dana, grew up on McDonald's and Jollibee's spaghettis, we had to have something familiar to her. Hence the presence of the Pasta Amatriciana with Meatballs on our table. This dish is perfect for kids; and kids at heart.
Pasta Amatriciana with Meatballs (PhP 210)
Cafe Mary Grace also offers unique sandwiches. How about Vigan longganisa on your bread? Shrimp Salad perhaps? We had the Fili Beef and Grilled Tomato and Chicken Inasal con Pandesal. I'm biased to poultry so I like the latter better; although both tasted good. All sandwiches are served with potato chips and dip.

Chicken Inasal con Pandesal (PhP 193)
Fili Beef and Grilled Tomato (PhP 206)
Tired of your usual iced tea? Why not get a pitcher of their freshly brewed flavored teas. I have tried quite a few and I like Wild Raspberry best. However, my sister wanted to taste Sangria which is the citrusy kind. Fondness for their iced teas is actually an acquired taste. You either have a love or hate relationship with them. Kids may not appreciate the taste actually.

Iced Tea (Regular - PhP 76; Pitcher - PhP 224)
Of course we would not leave with any dessert and what would you expect from a place which was first known for its baked goodies. Their cakes would be divine of course! Especially their Chocolate Truffle Cake. Okay, I'm drooling now.

Chocolate Truffle Cake (slice - PhP 115; mini - PhP 300; whole - PhP 795)
To counter the chocolate, we also got the Mango Bene which is mangoes sandwiched in layers of merengua and cream.
Mango Bene (slice - PhP 115;  whole - PhP 785)
I actually have a lot of favorites at Cafe Mary Grace but these above would have to take the spotlight for now. So far, I haven't had any complaints or problem with their food. That is how I am in love with this place. It is just comfort in a plate...or plates for that matter.
My family loves Cafe Mary Grace!

Cafe Mary Grace is located at the Ground floor of Trinoma in front of National Bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget