19 December 2011

Off to Antipolo!

My only recollection of Antipolo was hearing mass at the church and buying cashew nuts after. After many years I was ableto return, this time with my MBA friends. We made sure to pass by the Antipolo Church and pay homage to the Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. They say that the Lady will protect you on your travel. This is also where those who purchased new vehicles have it blessed.

Devotees light candles and pray fervently for their heart's desires. I lit a candle for my peace and healing and for my friend Jaja's little angel who left the world too soon, Gaby.

Ouside the church are a lot of storess selling religious figures, rosaries and of course food! Antipolo for me will always be synonymous to cashew nuts and suman! The best part? They allow you to taste it before you buy!

Antipolo is just an hour away from Manila. It was a quick but nice escape with friends and I was able to
give myself a much needed nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget