01 January 2013

Happy 2013!

I've always liked New Year. It symbolizes a new beginning and, somehow, a clean slate. And of course the fireworks above are just spectacular! Though, they were far less than last year's.


Just like Christmas, I again cooked our Media Noche Meal. I took a stab at creating something complicated. I braved the kitchen and created...

*drumroll*

Paella Valenciana!

Apart from my main course I also created the following:
1. Squash Cream Soup
2. Rootbeer Ribs
3. Taco Salad
4. Chocolate Mousse Trifle

Behold my humble New Year spread!

The usual New Year tradition is that my friends and I gather at Ron's house for our annual New Year get together. I can't believe we've been doing this tradition since we were kids! We started at around 1 AM and finished at almost 8 AM. First sunrise of the year spent with my dearest friends...totally happy and wasted!
Mahirap kami ngayon. Walang imported. LOL.

I made a collage of my barkada's New Year celebrations through the years. Apart from seeing  how we celebrate it every year, this actually shows evolution of some sort. Well, especially for me. :P
So this year, my only resolution is to be vain. Haha. Kidding aside,  I won't set goals which is too far ahead into the future. I'll live and enjoy my life one day at a time and I shall not stress myself with the pressure of a better career or that search for love. I won't. I'm tired. So I'll just focus on other things that makes me happy. And yes, those are shopping, the beach and more travels for this year.

Happy 2013 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget